Sweepstakes Details & Rules
Winning Package Includes:
- Economy Airfare to Tokyo for two persons
- Hotel Accommodations in Tokyo for 4-nights in a King room
- Visit Tsukiji Fish Market – the world’s largest fish market
- Take complete Japanese Knife Tour, including Knife Selection with Master, Knife Sharpening Workshop and Filleting Trial & Sushi Lunch
Open to residents of the fifty United States and DC who are 18 years of age or older.
October 20, 2019
November 20, 2019
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, OR RESTRICTED OR SUBJECT TO REGISTRATION OR BONDING REQUIREMENTS.
- Eligibility: The Knife Aid 5-Day Once In a Lifetime Tokyo Trip for 2 Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal US residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), excluding Puerto Rico, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Knife Aid, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, marketing agencies, and any other parties involved in the administration of the Sweepstakes (Sponsor, collectively with the foregoing, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) and each of the immediate family members of such excluded individuals (i.e., spouses, parents, children, siblings and the “steps” of each) and all persons living in the same household of each. We reserve the right to remove any participant and their referrals without prior notice if fraudulent behavior is detected, and that rewards will be given only after validating the referrals of participants. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
- Sponsor: Knife Aid, Inc., 28378 Roadside Drive, Agoura Hills, CA, 91301. All decisions of Sponsor regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules, the eligibility of entrants, selection of winners, award of prizes and all other matters relating to the Sweepstakes will be final and binding in all respects.
Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on October 20th at 12:00 a.m. United States Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on November 20th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit https://knifeaid.com/pages/5-day-once-in-a-lifetime-tokyo-trip-for-2-sweepstakes, access the online Sweepstakes entry form and submit all requested information to enter the Sweepstakes.
Each entrant must be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with his or her winning entry.
- Grand Prize Drawing: Knife Aid will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around November 20, 2019. The winner will be notified by email. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Winner must claim and use prize within 6 months of being awarded prize and prize cannot be used in connection with 2020 Olympics. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Knife Aid will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE is available: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) grand prize winner will be selected to win a travel package prize consisting of roundtrip airfare to Tokyo for winner and one guest from the major US airport nearest to winner’s home, hotel Accommodations in Tokyo for 4 nights (one King room, double occupancy), trip to visit Tsukiji Fish Market – the world’s largest fish market, and a Complete Japanese Knife Tour. Approximate Retail Value: $4,000 USD. Actual retail value will depend on location of departure airpoirt and prevailing costs of air travel at time of prize award. The winner and his or her travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and must comply with all check-in requirements, including the presentation of a major credit card. Unused components of the prize package have no redeemable cash value. Travel must be round-trip. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by the travel prize suppliers, including but not limited to, the airline’s passenger ticket contract, and any other rules or restrictions as may be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. It is the responsibility of the winner and his or her travel companion to obtain and possess all required travel documents. Sponsor has no responsibility for lost, stolen, misplaced or mutilated tickets and/or travel documents, baggage, flight delays, or any other occurrences beyond its control. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight, travel accommodations. FLIGHT TICKETS, HOTEL RESERVATIONS AND PRIZE RELATED TOURS MUST BE ARRANGED WITH SPONSOR. ALL TRAVEL RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND SPONSOR’S APPROVAL. NO CHANGES ARE PERMITTED ONCE ANY TRAVEL RESERVATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE. ANY CHANGES WILL SUBJECT THE PRIZE TO FORFEITURE. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other substitutions will be made except as provided herein at Knife Aid's sole discretion. Knife Aid reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of the prize package for one of equal or greater retail value if the designated prize or component should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use and for all. costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein. As a condition of receiving the prize, the winner must sign and return any documents requested by Sponsor, including but not limited to, an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/publicity rights. Any person traveling as guest of the winner must also execute a liability and publicity release and any other documents Sponsor may require (or if the guest is a minor, the documents must be signed by the minor’s parent or legal guardian). The winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 in the amount of the actual retail value of the prize and must provide Sponsor with his/her valid Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID for tax reporting purposes. Noncompliance with the requirements of this paragraph will result in disqualification of the winner and the forfeiture of all interest in a prize.
Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Additional entries: Upon entering the Sweepstakes, entrants are provided with an opportunity to refer friends to unlock rewards. Entrants who: refer 1 friend are rewarded with one additional entry in the Sweepstakes; refer 5 friend are rewarded with one further additional entry in the Sweepstakes; refer 10 friend are rewarded with one further additional entry in the Sweepstakes; refer 20 friend are rewarded with one further additional entry in the Sweepstakes.
Release and Limitations of Liability: The Sweepstakes Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and by entering the Sweepstakes you hereby waive and release the Sweepstakes Parties from, any actions, claims, damages, losses or injuries of any kind (collectively “Claims”) arising in connection with the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, and/or participation in any prize-related travel or activity, including without limitation, Claims relating to: (i) the malfunction of any computer, telephone, network, satellite, hardware, software or communications line; (ii) unauthorized human intervention; (iii) incorrect, delayed or inaccurate transmission, winner notifications, prize claims or other information or communications relating to the Sweepstakes, or the failure to capture or transmit any such information; (iv) damage to any person’s computer or mobile device; or (v) any errors in these Official Rules, winner notifications or other announcements or communications relating to the Sweepstakes. In the event of any ambiguity or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to clarify or modify these Official Rules however it deems appropriate to correct any such ambiguity or error(s). If due to an error or for any other reason, more legitimate prize claims are received than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only one prize from a random drawing from among all eligible claimants. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes (i.e., one prize) be awarded.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Knife Aid’s use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to a force majeure event or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received as of the date of cancellation.
- Winner List: For the name of the winner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sweepstakes Winner List” in the subject line. Requests must be received no later than sixty (60) days after the end of the Entry Period.