Order your envelope
We will send you our specialized knife envelope within 24- 48 hours
Mail us your knives
Postage is paid and your knives are insured and fully trackable.
Sharper than new
Every knife is hand sharpened by our team of professionals, using the latest tools and techniques
Sharpening delivered to your doorstep
No need to hunt down a traveling sharpener or lug your knives around
If you're not 100% satisfied, we will resharpen your knives for free
Quick and convenient
Most customers get their knives back in less than a week
Each knife is unique
We know knives! Your knife will be sharpened
with the best treatment according to its
individual material, design and anatomy,
including any existing damage to the blade.
Always done by hand
The main sharpening process is always done by hand on air-cooled ceramic belts. For re-profiling, repairs, thinning and re-bevelling, we use different techniques for different kinds of knives and their varying angle requirements.
Getting the angle right, a truly bespoke approach
Western style Japanese knives
(SHUN, GLOBAL, TOJIRO, ETC)
• 10-16 degrees depending on steel quality and kind of grind
• Sharpened as above, with the addition of two or more finer belts
• Deburring and polishing on leather belt with compound
German and other non-Japanese knives
(WUSTHOF, VICTORINOX, CUISINART, ETC.)
• 17-20 degrees on the final edge, depending on the quality and type of knife
• Sharpened on ceramic belts or structured abrasive belts for a polished, but slightly toothy, long lasting edge
• Deburring (taking off small, loose metal shavings) and finishing on hard felt wheels with compound
• 3-6 degrees on their flat side for really sharp serration tips
• Sharpened on fine ceramic belts or structured abrasive belts
• Deburring and polishing on super fine scotch brite belts for smaller serrations and leather belts for bigger serrations as in bread knives
• Sharpened on a proprietary, watercooled diamond flex-wheel setup, similar to the capping wheels used to shape and polish stones and crystals
• Finished and polished using diamond paste on a lapping wheel
Our Master Knifesmith
With 30 years of knife sharpening experience under his belt, our Master Knifesmith Magnus runs our workshop and leads our team of 14 experienced sharpeners. No nick, notch or mark goes unnoticed, earning him the title of `The Perfectionater’ among his crew and resulting in very many happy customers.
Geek out - this one’s for the knife nerds
No slacking allowed
We sharpen on the platten instead of a slack belt to maintain a straight bevel - as opposed to creating a convex edge. This also protects the heel and tip of your knives from being ‘rounded off.’
Through thick and thin
To guarantee your knives perform at their best, we always consider the thickness behind the edge when sharpening. For most knives, the blade is supposed to be as thin as possible (exceptions apply).
Before we send your newly sharpened knives back to you, each knife will undergo a quality control procedure on our proprietary testing paper for both slicing and cutting.
We use between 120 and 2,500 grit size. For a nice polished edge when needed, we buff on jewelers rouge, which is comparable to a grit size of about 15,000. Deburring and polishing on a leather belt with compound gives an even slicker, more polished edge. It is all about the perfect compromise between slicing and cutting performance, combined with longevity of the edge, and it all depends on the knife in our hands.
100% customer satisfaction guarantee
You will love the way your knives feel when they come back from us! If you are not 100% satisfied, we will resharpen your knives for free.